Bawdy house on E St (1)

business > bawdy house

This bawdy house, which the Provost Marshal's office put on the list of "coloured" establishments, was one of two houses located at the rear of 348 E St. The Provost Marshal's list notes that together the two houses had 4 inmates and were a Class 4. No person's name was associated with these establishments.


  • "Bawdy Houses," Provost Marshal's Department of Washington, 22nd Army Corps, 1864-1865, NARA Record Group 393. View source information